Pizza Mac & Cheese

09:07:00


I am a serious foodie but not really much of a chef. I am pretty good at it *modesty alert* mind you, but I am not fond of it. Many would criticize this statement. Cooking must come naturally to women in our society and if it doesn't all hell breaks loose. Yes girls, if you don't know how to cook, you may NEVER find a suitor for yourself *dramatic music plays in the background* . 




Coming back to the original purpose of this post. I was craving something SUPER fattening and cheesy and decided to replicate a mouth watering recipe that I had seen on Buzzfeed Food. My dearest cousin and I set out on our late night mission and even though it didn't look exactly like the video, it turned out to be exactly what I had been dreaming of! I'm posting the recipe below and the original recipe video can be found here


Preparation time: 40 mins

Baking time: 20 mins
Serves: 8 (or eat it all by yourself, like I did)
Ingredients: 

  • Butter - 3-4 tbsp
  • Salami slices- one cup, chopped in small cubes + sliced for top layer
  • Boneless Chicken- two chicken breasts, chopped in small cubes and cooked 
  • Garlic- one clove
  • Parsley- one tsp
  • Oregano- one tsp
  • All purpose flour- 3 tbsp
  • Whole Milk- 3 tbsp
  • Cheddar cheese- 8 oz or 226 grams, shredded
  • Mozzarella cheese- 8 oz or 226 grams, shredded
  • Mozzarella - sliced 
  • Marinara Sauce- 1/4 cup
  • Macaroni- 500 grams, cooked

Recipe:

  • Take a medium sized pan and melt butter in it
  • Add pepperoni, garlic, parsley and oregano; cook until the colour deepens
  • Add flour and mix ensuring there are no clumps; cook for approximately 2 minutes
  • Add milk, shredded cheddar and mozzarella and keep stirring constantly till all the cheese is melted evenly *the supreme aroma will be your cue*
  • Add the cooked chicken and macaroni and mix well
  • Pour the macaroni into a baking pan and spread marinara sauce on it evenly and add mozarella and salami slices as the top layer
  • Bake for 20 mins at 170 C in a preheated oven
  • Serve HOT! 


For all foodies, this is a must try recipe; I promise you won't regret it! For everyone looking for a healthy recipe: ABORT mission! For all cheese lovers: this is heaven. Thank you Buzzfeed Food for bringing this recipe to my notice! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository