Yves Rocher- much more than just another brand for me!

12:40:00


While you can consider this a brand review, it is more of a personal narrative; I have a special connection with Yves Rocher, a French beauty brand that is now known worldwide for its fragrances, makeup and body care products. 

Yves Rocher is a dependable beauty brand that has never disappointed me.  Be it perfumes, makeup and body showers, the products have a wide range of scents that would please everyone. As biased as the following account may sound,  I mean when I say that you u NEED an Yves Rocher product in your beauty collection.  

I spent a big chunk of my impressionable childhood in Paris. The country was quite unconventional for my mother initially but she, being the social charmer that she was, soon made lots of friends and kept herself engaged in various activities (and eventually fell in love with the city of love). One such activity was her obsession with Yves Rocher. We got acquainted with Yves Rocher roughly 20 years ago. I fail to recall how exactly my mother and her friends came across it, all I know is, they were in love with it. 

I remember vividly their discussions about special offers and gifts upon signing up for the loyalty program. They would shop for perfumes and makeup, not only for themselves but for gifting as well. Mama would often make me speak to their customer care representatives as Mrs Saghir since she couldn't speak French. 


This one was one of her top favourites!

My mother was a shopper. She enjoyed buying all types of things. She was not a spendthrift, she was a wise shopper (if shopper is a word), but, of all her shopping escapades, her attachment with Yves Rocher was unique. It made her happy and hence, whenever I come across it, I get this overwhelming feeling in my gut as if she's still around, smiling like before. 

There is no Yves Rocher in Pakistan to date and there wasn't one in the UAE for the longest time. You can imagine my happiness when I saw a pop-up store in Abu Dhabi Mall back in 2014! I got so emotional, I bet the saleswoman thought I was crazy. 




While that pop-up store is long gone, I found Yves Rocher's store in Yas Mall on Eid this year and: *insert overwhelming joyous shrieks* 

I might not go on a Yves Rocher haul, but it gives me immense pleasure to know that the brand is there. 

The list of things that I associate with my mother is by far not limited to just this (maybe I'll list them in the future) but for now I am going to sign off with a question for people out there who have lost a loved one.. do you also have similar quirks? Am I strange for feeling all the things I feel when it comes to something as basic as a beauty brand?  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository