Just Summer Things: Yas Waterworld

09:24:00


Going to a water park in the scorching heat of the UAE can be a puzzling decision. While it proves to be perfect to #beattheheat as they say, be prepared to be tanned and/or sunburnt. Knowing the pros and cons, I visited Yas Waterworld (for the third time) last week! And apart from the very apparent tan lines around my ankles and arms, I got some much needed unwinding.






Yas Waterworld is located on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi (near Ferrari World). It's a family water park with rides and activities catering to adults, teenagers and young children. 

All three times, I went with my cousins. Food for thought: adrenaline can have strange effects on your body; the 'unimaginable' determination and energy that I display while climbing a gazillion flights of stairs for each ride really is a colossal feat. 

My Picks: 

While pretty much all rides/activities are fun, these are my personal favourites that I never get bored of: 

1. Falcon's Falaj

This six-person water coaster will take you on a wild ride over twists, turns, rapids and drops!




2. Bandit Bomber

I love taking a 550 meter tour of the park on this suspended rollercoaster!


3. Sebag
Mat-race with five other people, head first! Although this does hurt the tummy but it is SO worth it. 




4. Al Raha River

I could stay in this lazy river for hours, I kid you not. Grab a tube and float. Ah. Bliss. I go into this one after every two rides to relax! 





5. Yadi Yas

This looks like another lazy river but it's actually the opposite. It's a fast paced wave river ; who knew getting thrown around by the strong waves can be so addictive!




While the tall water slides Jebel Drop and Hamlool Humps are quite exciting also, I prefer to stick to the ones mentioned above. 

Residents of the UAE, keep an eye out for offers such as annual passes and entertainer vouchers. Tourists can look out for seasonal offers such as a reduced ticket price if it's your national day! 



This post has been modified from the original that was written for Travelwings.com , read more here

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository