Dear Diary- June Edition

06:04:00

*stock photo from googles

Alright, so I have been MIA for exactly a month and the MAJOR reason behind that was of course, Ramadhan, followed by Eid and other family commitments ( for some reason I have always tried not to use the word commitments, it sounds too formal but in this case, it seems apt). 


Ramadhan was quite busy; especially the routine which I am desperately trying to shake off now: staying up all night and sleeping during the day till the afternoon prayers. As much as I tried to continue blogging on Instagram, I could not make time (or find a quiet spot) to sit and  blog blog. For anyone who missed me, YAY I am back, for those who didn't, I am still back. (lawls)



Two extremely significant (and personal) things happened during Ramadhan and I have decided to share them with you. If you would rather not read my 'dear diary' ramblings, stop here. If not, here is what happened:

1. My mother's barsi was on the 1st of June, which marked ten years of her leaving us. It's quite strange how the particular day manages to knock my senses out, every single year. This 10th year anniversary was the most difficult, since it was the first time I was in the same country that I had lost my mom in. Flashbacks and a constant feeling of the walls closing in on me made it quite unbearable. I tried to keep myself busy with prayer and cousins but nothing helped really. I dearly missed my brothers and friends. Her absence is felt daily but fortunately (?) I have learnt to live with the pain of her loss. May we reunite in the Hereafter, InshaAllah. 

2. The second MOST important thing was that I finally completed reading the Quran, which I started sometime in 2016. My statement might come as a shock to many but here is the back story: since we spent a major chunk of my childhood in France, we were devoid of the traditional Qari Sahab routine till we were in our teens. Once we returned, my brother managed to complete his Quran classes while I struggled due to various uncomfortable situations. Fast forward to my mother's illness and demise, the whole thing was left hanging for the longest time. I felt lost and misguided and as much as it was always lingering above me, I failed to muster up the courage to finish my childhood task. My only argument was that I want to read the Quran with meaning so I am aware of what is written n the Holy text. 

After a lengthy search of a reliable translation and proper font (because I have severe issues with minute scriptures), I finally found one and without exaggeration, my life changed. It took me over a year to read the entire Quran with translation and its explanation but it was more than worth it. One year because it requires patience and a peace of mind,  which I often lack.  I am quite sure that I am not literate enough to comprehend the essence of the Holy Words but I do know that the peace I attained after completing this task was unsurpassable. I urge all my friends who are reading this to take out time and read the Quran with translation; it really gives you perspective and aids in making you more grounded by reminding us of how this world is temporary and what our purpose on this planet really is. 

My experience of reading the Quran is an altogether separate topic which deserves a well thought out post rather than a jumbled up rambling so I am going to stop here.  If you want to know more,  please message me and I'll share my experience with you separately. Every person has a different perspective of religion,  the above mentioned is mine. But before this gets too philosophical  for my reader (if any), let me change the subject. 
Actual Eid Preps with OOTD from Khaadi and makeup and chocolates ^_^

Eid was pretty casual. Us cousins hung out and indulged in our routine photoshoots. Half of us even checked out the Yas Mall 24 hour madness which was falsely advertised to be honest; there are better sales happening now than there were on that day! I actually dressed up this Eid andddd experimented with mehndi (I am a horrible artist, FYI so it's a big deal). All photographic evidence has now been deleted though.  
Dreamworks at Motiongate WAS THE BEST!

Oh! the other FUN thing that I did was go to Dubai Parks, which was possibly my FAVOURITE experience in the UAE since I have come. Detailed post coming up soon! 

Last but not the least, Harry Potter's 20th Anniversary also happened and ALL THEM FEELS. Everyone around the world was going berserk reminscing and I, obviously, couldn't stay behind. Sigh. 




I think that's enough for today. Please excuse my scattered thoughts,  as you can see,  I had loads to say.  Till next time! Toodles. 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository