6 Binge Worthy TV Series that I Could Watch Over and Over

09:16:00



For me, watching TV shows trumps watching movies. I like building up an attachment with the main characters and of course it leaves me devastated (melodramatic much?) once the show ends. Sniff. To be honest, it’s a little difficult to keep up with the shows when you’re working full time. BUT. When you’re on holidays… Hallelujah!! I think I have made it in time for people to catch at least one of the shows I’ve listed below during the Eid holidays and if not then the winter holidays coming very very soon (only three months away, no big deal)! Alright so the following are my all-time favourite family drama (I am a BIG sucker for those), romance and comedy TV shows that I honestly could watch over and over again! And I’m sure that most people must have seen these, but those who haven’t, please get your hands on them ASAP!


1. Friends

1994-2004 
Genre: Comedy, Romance
IMDB rating: 9.0/10
Seasons: 10

Image result for friends



I really do hope that no one needs an introduction to Friends. But if you do (which means you’ve really missed out on the world’s BEST TV show): this series follows the lives of six 20-something friends living in Manhattan. Joey, Chandler, Rachel, Ross, Monica and Phoebe are the poster group for what youngsters today would refer to as: #SquadGoals. With their extremely relatable dilemmas and life’s ups and downs and the constant humour that they create (consciously and unconsciously), the group’s comradery is indeed ideal. Oh what I would give to have this show restart! Sadly though, I don’t think that’s happening which is why I think my count of personal reruns for this one has crossed 10!!  *guilty as charged*


2. Brothers and Sisters

2006-2011
Genre: Drama
IMDB rating: 7.3/10
Seasons: 5

Image result for brothers and sisters

This one is all about the drama that revolves around the Walker family in California that includes all adult siblings and a mother. This series really has everything under one umbrella: relationships, politics, illnesses, business empires and death, you name it! And if you’re like me and love family drama, you’re going to have to keep the tissue boxes ready. What I absolutely loved the most was no matter what, the family always stuck together, even in the trickiest situations! I really really believe that 5 seasons were just NOT enough to do justice to Brothers & Sisters and I felt completely alone (more melodrama) after it ended; I was actually sad for days. This is perfect for binge watching with your besties or sisters!



3. Grey’s Anatomy

2005- Ongoing
Genre: Drama, Romance
IMDB rating: 7.7/10
Seasons: 12 (so far)

Image result for grey's anatomy


I think Grey’s Anatomy is also one of those shows that does not need any introduction. This one revolves around the fictional lives of doctors, surgical interns and residents set in Seattle’s Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital (formerly Seattle Grace-Mercy West). Every episode brings one or multiple medical cases along with the main characters juggling their personal lives alongside their duties. Meredith Grey is the central character of the entire story but personally she’s one of my least favourites. My favourite are Christina, Alex, Derek (Mc Dreamy) and Jackson Avery. Grey’s Anatomy is known for having the most nail-biting finales every season that leave the audience at the edge of their seats. The best part is, this show is still airing and Season 13 begins late September!




4. Gilmore Girls

2000-2007
Genre: Drama, Comedy
IMDB rating: 8.1/10
Seasons: 7
Image result for gilmore girls

This one is just one of the sweetest shows I have ever seen. Revolving around Lorelai Gilmore, a single mother in her thirties and Rory Gilmore, her teenage daughter and their life in Star Hollows, Connecticut. Gilmore Girls was recommended to me by my best friend and I can’t thank her enough for it. Lauran Graham has to be one of my all-time favourite actors. She does supreme justice to her role: slightly crazy yet a very good mother who goes above and beyond to provide Rory with everything that she needs. This show is very close to my heart since it depicts the mother daughter relationship so aptly. Talks of a revival in the shape of a miniseries has got me super excited!! Can’t wait!


5. Parenthood

2010-2015
Genre: Drama, Comedy
IMDB rating: 8.1/10
Seasons: 6

Image result for parenthood



Parenthood is the closest that I got to a Brothers & Sisters like series. And I was NOT disappointed at all. This one explores the life and tales of the Braverman family based in California. The show not only looks into the lives of the Braverman parents and their parenthood but also in the lives of their four children being parents themselves. Lauran Graham (of Gilmore Girls) is a central character as Sarah Braverman and yet again, she proves to be spectactular; as the rest of the cast. Adam Braverman, however, has to be my favourite because of the way he keeps everyone together like glue. Very relatable and heart-warming, I was heartbroken when Parenthood ended also (these tear jerkers are my weakness).


6. Modern Family

2009- Ongoing
Genre: Comedy, Romance
IMDB rating: 8.5/10
Seasons: 7 (so far)

Image result for modern family

One word for Modern Family: AMAZING. This one looks into the lives of three different but related families and how they handle life and its trials in their own special comic way. I guarantee that every episode will leave you in fits. All the characters in Modern Family are exceptional, from Phil Dunphy to Jay Pritchett, each one will amuse you immensely. My favourites, however, are Gloria played by Sofia Vergara and Cameron played by Eric Stonestreet. I’m sure you must have guessed that this one also revolves around familial ties which makes it even more special. Perfect for watching with the whole family. So excited for season 8 starting this September!!




Well, this was my list. What does your list look like? I am eager to know your views, comments and suggestions on the post! :)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Other than parenthood, I've seen all the others and I couldn't agree more! Totally binge worthy and I could watch them over and over again! Perfect list ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must watch Parenthood!!! You will love it, I promise! :D

      Delete
  2. Arrested Development! Modern Family doesnt come close to it

    ReplyDelete

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository