Update on my Oh-So-Happening Life !

04:01:00

Happiness is letting your inner child be wild and free!

Readers, Friends, Anyone and Everyone who takes out time to read my blabbering: 


THANK YOU!



That being said, I have been away for the past few weeks, i.e. MIA from my 'gallivating world', but I am back (or at least I hope I am). The reason behind my mysterious disappearance was nothing serious, other than procrastination and writers' block, oh and the occasional issues with the internet connection and other 'desi family' dilemmas (i.e. using any electronic device for over 10 minutes means you're having a romantic affair or have joined a drug mafia gang).

As much as I was being kept away from my dear laptop, I tried to actively blog on Insta and Facebook. Read on for a brief summary of the various fun (and not so fun) activities I've been engaged in since the beginning of 2017!

1. Shopping Sprees


The most exciting shopping sprees for me consist of buying cheese and chocolates to my heart's content on family grocery trips. Our faces (my cousins and mine) light up with joy when the adults mention the mere name of Carrefour! 

Other than that, I bought some heavenly scented items from Bath and Body Works (stay tuned for details)!
Oh the smell of "Frosted Winter Woods"......

2. Of TV and Cinema


How to Get Away With Murder is backkkkkkk!! Boy, this show really keeps you on the edge!! Are you following it too?


I am also following Modern Family and Koffee with Karan (does anyone else feel this season of KWK is quiteeeeee bold?).




Raees (SRK and Mahira Khan starrer): I didn't hate it as much as I anticipated because of reviews but I do have a LOT to say about it......(soon)




3. Foodie-ness


Checked out Shakespeare & Co (loved it), Texas Roadhouse (YUMMM) and Common Grounds (in the Mall of Emirates). While the latter was a completely new name for me, it definitely left the most impact! I LOVED their selection of healthy breakfasts and I now dream about their "Fro Yo Bircher" all the time! 



Shakespeare & Co

Grilled Chicken and Mushroom with Mashed Potatoes

Texas Roadhouse had insane servings of everything!

Poached Eggs with shredded beetroot (Common Grounds)

Fro Yo Bircher at Common Grounds!

Went back to have the "Chicken Bellagio" at The Cheesecake Factory; this one is becoming my regular at the restaurant (as much as I want to try other stuff, the love of Chicken Bellagio restricts me from moving onnnnn).


Chicken Bellagio



4. A Rather Sporty Lifestyle


My friends will find this funny 'cuz they know me too well but guys, you can stop laughing now. From indoors to outdoors, we have been keeping ourselves busy playing different games. Ludo, Monopoloy, Billiards, Badminton, Volleyball, Table Tennis - these can actually keep your mind and body quite active when you think of it! 


5. A Small Piece of Home


I become super emotional and excited when someone comes to the UAE from Pakistan. Especially if its someone I hold very dear to me. The last week, my best friend's sister and niece were both in town and I had a fantabulous time with the both of them. Shopping, talking, eating and basically just relaxing and unwinding; it was a much needed breath of fresh air. I miss them already.




I went to Bounce with them and had such a good time that I am already planning a second trip. Who would have thought that jumping on trampolines for an hour can be this exhilarating? Bounce is in Abu Dhabi and Dubai both, so head on NOW. ( I have heard its opened up in Lahore too! :O)




6. Opening Ceremony of PSL


Last minute plans are the #BEST. Ended up attending the opening ceremony of PSL 2017 followed by the first match between Islamabad United and Peshawar Zalmi. I was obviously supporting Islamabad amidst a veryyyyy apparent Peshawar-fans dominated crowd - and Islamabad United won! The energy and patriotism in the stadium was like no other! And of course, the intense display of fireworks! So proud that Pakistan has upped its game! :D







7. A New Baby on the Block

My best friend had a baby girl in January and I cannot control my emotions!!! I am already a Khala (aunt) to several others and I love them all SO SO MUCH (I am a very baby-obsessed person) but it sucks TOO much that I still haven't seen Aleena Jahan in person yet. Can't wait to hold you and eat you munchkin!! :D



8. Massive Book Haul


I have a lot of reading to catch up on because my greedy self has bought a billion books recently *guiltyyyy*. The smell of books is just... sighhh!! 
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

Favourite hangout spot: Borders!


That's all folks. I think this pretty much sums up the beginning of 2017, hoping for more adventure in the coming days! (Should log off before I make people suspicious of my prolonged internet activity)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository