The One with the CokeFest - Islamabad Edition

10:49:00

As much as I love Islamabad with all my heart, it lacking in social events is no secret. My poor city is often termed as the 'dull' capital where everyone sleeps at 8pm! (on a side note, I would love to do that). But Isloo has upped its game by becoming 'the happening' place! Faizabad Dharna has definitely set the bar really high (all pun intended). 




Jokes apart, the recently held food festivals have been a highlight for the residents of Islamabad. While last month Islamabad Eat presented itself as a platform of an assortment of eateries to distract and entertain the distraught people of Islamabad, December was host to none other than Coke's Food and Music Festival

The festival was held at Islamabad Polo Ground from the 8th to the 10th of December and boy am I glad I decided to go on the last day because believe me, that was the place to be at that night! 

The immense variety of food was indeed a treat for our tastebuds - from Gol Gappa shots from Rahdaari to Karamel cookies and of course the BEST Tawa Chicken I have EVER had from Arif Chatkhara (all the way from Lahore, if I am not wrong) -- the food was to die for! There were 60+ eateries: from Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi. You could spot some known restaurants such as Street Burger, Chattha's, Johnny and Jugnu, Rewayat, Papasallis and Wok. There were some new names also such as Pizza Mail and Churro Churro. While unfortunately I couldn't try out as many as I would have liked to, it was a pleasure seeing so many options to choose from. 



The decor was quite on point and eye catching - in fact the view of the Rawal Lake during the day was the cherry on top! The Exclusive Coke Lounge was gorgeous but they did fall short on seating arrangements for the aam awaam. 





The instant photo prints courtesy #JohnnyAndJugnu were a major hit with my family and I!  


Also had the pleasure of meeting the one and only Asad Sheikh of the Foodies R Us fame! Kudos on executing a brilliant event!




And the major highlight of the day (night?) for me were the music performances. Not only were they mind blowing -- the Islamabad crowd showed their fun-loving side and let themselves loose! AS much as they advertised Stereo Nation as the show stopper, Nabeel Shaukat, Waqar Ehsin and Quadrum turned out to be the true crowd pleasers!





I can say with utmost confidence that I made one of my favourite memories for times to come last night !


Looking forward to many more events in my beloved city! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository