Mady's Foodcapades: The Islamabad Edition-II

11:51:00


In my previous post, I wrote about my favourite breakfast and dessert spots in Islamabad (that I had the pleasure of discovering on my short trip back home and I am reminiscing about now that I am back in the UAE). If you haven't read it yet, you can read it here now





Today's post is all about the maiiiiiinnn courses that you MUST try when you're in the capital. From fast food to fine dining, here's my pick for an avid Pakistani foodie. 


1. Street 1 Cafe

I don't think this one needs an introduction. Situated in everyone's favourite Kohsar Market, Street 1 has become a regular pick for all Islamabadis. We tried a couple of things and they were all extremely delicious! 



Buffalo Wings

Dynamite Prawns

Thai Curry

Food quality: 4.5/5
Check them out here

2. Street Burger

One of the new burger joints, this particular one offered the choice of the 'black' buns (which is actually just food colouring). I tried their Mushroom & Swiss Cheese burger, which was great but the one my friend had was more flavourful (Original Double Stacker).




Pricing: approximately 1000 rs per person
Ambiance: small space but nicely done
Food Quality: 4/5
Check them out here

3. Wild Rice (Serena)

My best friend INSISTED we check this place out because she swore by it. And well, yes. The food was AMAZING. The major downside is it's on the pricier end so it's not a place you can visit frequently but for special occasions, I definitely recommend it. Wild Rice offers a mix of oriental (Chinese, Japanese and Thai) food. 
We were in such a hurry to eat that we couldn't take decent photos of the food! 
Pricing: approximately 2200 Rs per person
Ambiance: Quiet and classy. Perfect if you're looking to make good conversation with your meal. 
Food Quality: 4/5
Check them out here

4. Cannoli by Cafe Soul

For some of the capital's best burgers, head on to Cannoli. I tried their Michelangelo and the Cheeseburger, both of them were excellent! Cannoli offers other food items such as desserts, pasta and drinks. Their mint lemonade was super refreshing also! 
The Michelangelo
The Cheeseburger

Pricing: approximately 1000 rs per person
Ambiance: mostly crowded but pleasant
Food Quality: 4.5/5
Check them out here

5. Jessie's

I'd heard such mix reviews that I went in not knowing what to expect. Their lemonade is fantastic. The cheese sticks and molten lava cake were mediocre (there was no lava in the cake!) The burger, however, was pretty good. 




Picture taken from their official Facebook page (since we forgot to take one of our Grand Beef burger) :P

Pricing: approximately 1000 Rs per person
Ambiance: Trendy and not very crowded
Food Quality:4/5

6. Tiger Temple

Had their spiciest Thai soup and Pad Thai. Both were amazing! Apologies for not having taken better photos! 


Ambiance: Simple and contemporary
Pricing: Not sure :O
Food quality: 4/5

7. The Loft

Their Korean Beef Bowl is a show stealer. 




Ambiance: Cool and trendy
Pricing: approximately 1000 rs per person
Food Quality: 4/5
Check them out here

8. Nirvana

I think this was my favourite dine out experience of the trip. Nirvana shifted and not many people are aware of their new location (in Aqs, Shakarparian) and this place is a treat for art lovers: your chance to dine in the middle of an art gallery! Would love to go back again! My friend ordered the Crispy Beef Curry and it was SO spicy that we couldn't get enough of it!! 

Singaporean Curry! Perfectly Spicy!

That's all for now. Let me know what you guys think and if you agree with my choices! What would you add or what would you delete from this list? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository